The North Carolina Smoky Mountains truly offer something for everyone to do while here!
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GSMNP): Deep Creek entrance, tubing, hiking, waterfalls.
- Whitewater Rafting: Special packages with Endless River Adventures and Wildwater Rafting for Yellow Rose guests only.
- Learn to Kayak Adventures: with Endless River Adventures.
- Tubuing: Deep Creek outside of Bryson City, a great way to cool off.
- Hiking: Appalachian Trail, GSMNP, Deep Creek.
- Mountain Biking: at Tsali Recreation Area (Top ten trails in US by Mtn Bike magazine)
- Road Biking: Some of the best in the southeast, rigorous mountains and rewarding vistas
- Fontana Lake: Enjoy swimming, fishing, and boating
- Horseback Riding
- Cooper Creek Trout Farm: No License, No Limit. All fishing equipment provided. Stay an hour or the entire day. Contact the trout farm at 866-245-4500 for more details.
- Great Smoky Mountain Railroad: Ride the train through the Great Smokies. Enjoy a relaxing scenic ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad. For more information call 800-872-4681.
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian: The museum brings to life the greatest collection of Cherokee artifacts and treasures. 828-497-3481.
- Santa’s Land Family Theme Park & Zoo: Entertainment for all ages. Rides, exhibits, animals, shows and arts & crafts. There’s something for everyone! Call 828-497-9191
- Smoky Mountain Gold & Ruby Mine: Strike It Rich! Pan for Gold and precious gems. 828-497-6574
- Jetboat Tours: with Smoky Mountain Jet Boats
- Tail of the Dragon – Hwy 129: Motorcycle/sports car enthusiasts’ destination, near Robbinsville, NC, only 30 miles away.
- Stecoah Valley Cultural Arts Center: Dedicated to celebrating mountain traditions through music programs, old-time festivals, workshops and other events that appeal to all age groups. (visit website)
- Soda Pop’s Ice Cream: Kids and adults love it!
- Pasquales: Italian dining
- Fryemont Inn: Historical Inn with fine dining
- Everett Street Diner: Lunch and dinner with local flavor
- Jimmy Macs: Mom and pop style dining
- Iron Skillet: Local favorite
- Anthony’s: Pizza and Italian food
- Mountain Perks: Coffee Shop and bakery/deli
- Cork and Bean: Bryson City’s newest gourmet Wine Bar and Coffee House.
Call 800.528.0760 to save when you book your vacation rental cabin and adventure activity together!
Find Things To Do In The Area in and Around the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina! This blog provides info on events, happenings, and things to experience with your family while on vacation in the Bryson City and Cherokee, NC areas. The locals always know best!